Friday, November 09, 2007

Crochet as Fibre Art - Sue Rock Crochet Welcomed at Corporate Art Show

In October, Sue Rock's crochet work was welcomed at the Thacher Proffit & Wood's Homegrown Art Show. Photography, Oil paint, watercolor and mixed media were also featured.

It is amazing to have my work featured at this unique venue. I am currently working at Thacher Proffit, so to have the opportunity to showcase my work in a different way seemed great. The responses have been wonderful and whenever I am in the 30th floor corridor, I get a chance to see my work.


I think the most interesting part was choosing the pieces and then figuring out how to mat them.

My husband and I worked together using insulation (lightweight and inexpensive!) covered with sheer black as a background .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home